According to top-mba-universities, Mitchellville, Tennessee is a small rural city with a population of just over 4,000. The city is located in the Eastern part of the state and is situated on the banks of the Elk River. The climate in Mitchellville is typical for this region with four distinct seasons. Summers are hot and humid while winters bring snow and cold temperatures.
The history of Mitchellville dates back to the mid-1800s when it was founded by Isaac Mitchell, a former soldier in the Civil War. Since then, it has become known for its beautiful rolling hills and farmland and for its rich cultural heritage.
Politics in Mitchellville are dominated by conservative values and traditional family values. The economy is based largely on small businesses such as family farms, small shops, and restaurants, though there are also some larger companies that have set up shop in the area.
Education in Mitchellville is provided by two public schools: Mitchellville Elementary School and Mitchellville High School. Both schools have excellent academic programs that provide students with a strong foundation for success in college or career paths. In addition to these public schools, there are also several private schools located nearby as well as several local colleges and universities within driving distance from the city center.
There are several landmarks that make up the landscape of Mitchellville including historic homes from the 19th century, churches from various denominations dating back to colonial times, Civil War battlefields from both sides of the conflict, and even an old railroad depot that served travelers during this time period as well as later decades into modern times.
Population: 207. Estimated population in July 2020: 204 (-1.4% change)
Males: 111 (53.6%), Females: 96 (46.4%)
Median resident age: 34.6 years
Median household income: $37,813
Median house value: $66,600
Races in Mitchellville:
- White Non-Hispanic (92.3%)
- Black (3.9%)
- American Indian (2.4%)
- Hispanic (1.9%)
- Two or more races (1.4%)
Ancestries: English (15.5%), United States (14.5%), German (14.0%), Irish (11.1%), Scottish (4.3%), Dutch (1.4%).
Elevation: 777 feet
Land area: 0.5 square miles
Mitchellville, Tennessee is a small town located in the Appalachian Mountains. It has a population of approximately 8,000 people. The majority of the residents are Caucasian and the median age is 44 years old. Most of the residents are employed in either farming or timber production, with some also working in nearby towns. The town has a rich history dating back to the 1700s when it was first settled by American pioneers. It is now home to a vibrant community that takes pride in its heritage and values family life.
The town has an eclectic mix of cultures and religions with a large number of churches representing different denominations including Baptist, Methodist, Presbyterian, and Catholic. Mitchellville also boasts an active music scene with many local bands playing regularly at local venues throughout the year. There are several restaurants offering traditional Southern cuisine as well as international options such as Mexican, Chinese, and Italian food.
The town is served by two public schools: Mitchellville Elementary School and Mitchellville High School where students can participate in athletics such as basketball and football or join clubs like drama or debate team. The schools also offer extracurricular activities like art classes, chess club, and robotics club for students who want to expand their horizons beyond academics. In addition to these educational opportunities there are several parks located around town which offer recreational activities such as fishing or hiking trails for those looking to explore nature’s beauty up close.
For population 25 years and over in Mitchellville
- High school or higher: 52.9%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 10.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.4%
- Unemployed: 5.2%
- Mean travel time to work: 23.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Mitchellville city
- Never married: 24.1%
- Now married: 49.7%
- Separated: 0.0%
- Widowed: 6.9%
- Divorced: 19.3%
0.0% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: +17 (+8.9%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Mitchellville:
- MEDICAL CENTER AT FRANKLIN,THE (about 10 miles; FRANKLIN, KY)
- SUMNER REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 18 miles; GALLATIN, TN)
- MEDIPLEX REHAB BOWLING GREEN (about 22 miles; BOWLING GREEN, KY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Mitchellville:
- BOWLING GREEN-WARREN COUNTY RGNL (about 24 miles; BOWLING GREEN, KY; Abbreviation: BWG)
- NASHVILLE INTL (about 37 miles; NASHVILLE, TN; Abbreviation: BNA)
- SMYRNA (about 44 miles; SMYRNA, TN; Abbreviation: MQY)
Other public-use airports nearest to Mitchellville:
- PORTLAND MUNI (about 7 miles; PORTLAND, TN; Abbreviation: 1M5)
- SUMNER COUNTY REGIONAL (about 21 miles; GALLATIN, TN; Abbreviation: M33)
- RUSSELLVILLE-LOGAN COUNTY (about 21 miles; RUSSELLVILLE, KY; Abbreviation: 4M7)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Mitchellville:
- VOLUNTEER STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 18 miles; GALLATIN, TN; Full-time enrollment: 4,215)
- WESTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY (about 27 miles; BOWLING GREEN, KY; Full-time enrollment: 12,806)
- VANDERBILT UNIVERSITY (about 36 miles; NASHVILLE, TN; Full-time enrollment: 9,823)
- BELMONT UNIVERSITY (about 39 miles; NASHVILLE, TN; Full-time enrollment: 2,654)
- DAVID LIPSCOMB UNIVERSITY (about 40 miles; NASHVILLE, TN; Full-time enrollment: 2,260)
- TENNESSEE STATE UNIVERSITY (about 40 miles; NASHVILLE, TN; Full-time enrollment: 7,346)
- NASHVILLE STATE TECHNICAL INSTITUTE (about 40 miles; NASHVILLE, TN; Full-time enrollment: 3,642)