Resumes open doors and are, in most cases, the sole means by which the employer determines whether an interview is granted. No one spends much time reading a resume-most readers spend no more than 30 seconds. Typically no one spends time reading more than one page, so first impressions are critical. Usually, the person who reads your resume has many other responsibilities in his or her company. Therefore, think of this as your first employment test: preparing a brief summary of your qualifications that sparks the reader’s interest. There is no one “right” resume, but the best resumes clearly present accomplishments in as few words as possible. Your resume must “sell” you at a glance.
Most of the on-campus interviewing opportunities for which you will compete require submission of a resume as the sole representation of your qualifications. Rarely are cover letters requested or desired by recruiters in this process. Therefore, it is important that this document effectively communicate the types of opportunities in which you are interested and your qualifications for them. In addition, employers that come to UT often interview undergraduates as well as MBA students, albeit for different positions. Keep in mind that the positions for which you will compete require more advanced knowledge, skills, and abilities. You must set yourself apart from the generally less-experienced undergraduate business student and your more experienced peers in the MBA Program. Check here for abbreviations related to resume and there for songs and artists about resume.
The information contained in this guide is based on current standards of resume development as found in publications for the executive’s job campaign. It gives you a summary of important items considered by the MBA recruiter in the few seconds he or she devotes to each candidate’s resume.
The tips in this guide are also useful for developing a “scannable” resume. Many large organizations use software to scan resumes and add them to their applicant database. It is important to adhere to formatting guidelines and use appropriate key words for a scannable resume. Typically the keywords for which the computer looks are nouns that describe the important aspects of the job. For example, a financial services firm might search for the words financial analysis, finance, investment, and portfolio management. A special section on sending resumes by email provides the latest industry insight into this very popular method of contacting employers.
- James Cook University (JCU)
- La Trobe University
- Swinburne University of Technology (SUT)
- University of Melbourne
- University of Newcastle (UON)
- University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- University of New South Wales (UNSW)
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- University of New Brunswick (UNB)
- Fudan University (FDU)
- Xian Jiaotong Liverpool University
- Universidad Regiomontana (UR)
- Auckland University of Technology
- Lincoln University (LU)
- University of Auckland (UOA)
- Sonoma State University (SSU)
- College of The Desert
- Rmit International University Vietnam (RIUV)
- University of Zurich (Switzerland)
50 State Facts and History
Major Cities in the U.S. by State
- Climate in Tirana, Albania (10/3/2023) - Tirana, the capital and largest city of Albania, enjoys a Mediterranean climate with distinct seasons and varying weather patterns throughout the year. This climate is influenced by its proximity to the Adriatic Sea, its location within a valley surrounded by… ...
- Linkwood, Maryland (10/1/2023) - According to digopaul, Linkwood is a small unincorporated community located in Dorchester County, Maryland, United States. Situated on the eastern shore of the state, Linkwood is surrounded by rural landscapes and natural beauty. The community is nestled between the Nanticoke… ...
- Holden, Louisiana (9/28/2023) - According to timedictionary, Holden, Louisiana is a small town located in Livingston Parish, in the southeastern part of the state. Situated in the heart of the Deep South, Holden is known for its scenic beauty, rich history, and close-knit community.… ...
- Major Cities in Connecticut (9/22/2023) - According to Allcountrylist, Connecticut, often referred to as the "Constitution State" or the "Nutmeg State," is located in the northeastern United States. This small but historically rich state is known for its picturesque landscapes, charming towns, and proximity to major… ...
- Major Cities in Colorado (9/22/2023) - According to Allcountrylist, Colorado, known as the "Centennial State" due to its admission to the Union in 1876, is a diverse and geographically stunning state in the western United States. With its picturesque landscapes, outdoor recreational opportunities, and vibrant cultural… ...
- Major Cities in California (9/22/2023) - According to Allcountrylist, California, often referred to as the "Golden State," is the most populous state in the United States and is renowned for its diverse landscapes, vibrant culture, and thriving economy. With a population of over 39 million people,… ...
- Major Cities in Arkansas (9/22/2023) - According to Allcountrylist, Arkansas, often referred to as the "Natural State" for its stunning natural beauty, is located in the southern United States. While it may not be as populous or well-known as some other states, Arkansas boasts several major… ...
- Major Cities in Arizona (9/22/2023) - According to Allcountrylist, Arizona, often referred to as the "Grand Canyon State," is a diverse and vibrant state located in the southwestern United States. Known for its stunning natural landscapes, including the iconic Grand Canyon, Arizona is also home to… ...
- Major Cities in Alaska (9/22/2023) - According to Allcountrylist, Alaska, the largest and most sparsely populated state in the United States, is known for its stunning natural beauty, remote wilderness, and unique culture. Within this vast and rugged landscape, there are several major cities that serve… ...
- Major Cities in Alabama (9/22/2023) - According to Allcountrylist, Alabama, located in the southeastern region of the United States, is known for its rich history, vibrant culture, and diverse landscapes. Within the state, there are several major cities that contribute to Alabama's unique identity. In this… ...