Resumes open doors and are, in most cases, the sole means by which the employer determines whether an interview is granted. No one spends much time reading a resume-most readers spend no more than 30 seconds. Typically no one spends time reading more than one page, so first impressions are critical. Usually, the person who reads your resume has many other responsibilities in his or her company. Therefore, think of this as your first employment test: preparing a brief summary of your qualifications that sparks the reader’s interest. There is no one “right” resume, but the best resumes clearly present accomplishments in as few words as possible. Your resume must “sell” you at a glance.
Most of the on-campus interviewing opportunities for which you will compete require submission of a resume as the sole representation of your qualifications. Rarely are cover letters requested or desired by recruiters in this process. Therefore, it is important that this document effectively communicate the types of opportunities in which you are interested and your qualifications for them. In addition, employers that come to UT often interview undergraduates as well as MBA students, albeit for different positions. Keep in mind that the positions for which you will compete require more advanced knowledge, skills, and abilities. You must set yourself apart from the generally less-experienced undergraduate business student and your more experienced peers in the MBA Program. Check here for abbreviations related to resume and there for songs and artists about resume.
The information contained in this guide is based on current standards of resume development as found in publications for the executive’s job campaign. It gives you a summary of important items considered by the MBA recruiter in the few seconds he or she devotes to each candidate’s resume.
The tips in this guide are also useful for developing a “scannable” resume. Many large organizations use software to scan resumes and add them to their applicant database. It is important to adhere to formatting guidelines and use appropriate key words for a scannable resume. Typically the keywords for which the computer looks are nouns that describe the important aspects of the job. For example, a financial services firm might search for the words financial analysis, finance, investment, and portfolio management. A special section on sending resumes by email provides the latest industry insight into this very popular method of contacting employers.
- James Cook University (JCU)
- La Trobe University
- Swinburne University of Technology (SUT)
- University of Melbourne
- University of Newcastle (UON)
- University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- University of New South Wales (UNSW)
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- University of New Brunswick (UNB)
- Fudan University (FDU)
- Xian Jiaotong Liverpool University
- Universidad Regiomontana (UR)
- Auckland University of Technology
- Lincoln University (LU)
- University of Auckland (UOA)
- Sonoma State University (SSU)
- College of The Desert
- Rmit International University Vietnam (RIUV)
50 State Facts and History
- Mexico Attractions (5/13/2022) - CARIBBEAN COAST: The holiday islands of Cozumel, Cancún and Isla Mujeres are off the Yucatán Peninsula and offer sun, sand and sea in a tropical landscape. The main attraction of Cozumel is the huge Palancar Reef, an underwater paradise for… ...
- Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada (5/10/2022) - Overview According to topschoolsintheusa, Newfoundland (Newfoundland) and Labrador is almost three times the size of the other maritime provinces of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island combined and has 29,000 km of coastline. The province of eastern Canada… ...
- Algarve, Portugal (5/9/2022) - The Algarve is a fabulous corner of Europe, where the calm and tranquility of endless sandy beaches, to which white houses seem to run down the slopes, are replaced by delight from bewitching fiery red grottoes - they look like… ...
- History and Culture of Bhutan (5/1/2022) - National cuisine According to topschoolsintheusa, Bhutanese cuisine is very spicy. Chili peppers and other spices are used in excess, including garlic, Chinese pepper, ginger, etc. Mostly, dishes are prepared from vegetables, cheese, meat and poultry. Organized tourists visiting the country… ...
- Science and Culture of Romania (4/28/2022) - According to topschoolsintheusa, the Romanian Academy was founded in 1879, it has 14 departments and 3 regional centers in Cluj-Napoca, Iasi, Timisoara. A network of research institutes and scientific societies has been created. Scientific schools in the field of geology,… ...
- Science and Culture of Israel (4/27/2022) - Population of Israel As of July 2002, Israel's population was 6.03 million. This figure includes approx. 187,000 Israeli settlers in the West Bank, c. 20,000 in the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights, over 5,000 in the Gaza Strip and fewer than 177,000… ...
- State Structure and Political System of the Republic of South Africa (4/26/2022) - According to microedu, South Africa is a parliamentary republic. The 1997 Constitution is in force. Administratively, South Africa is divided into 9 provinces (Eastern Cape, Central Cape, Western Cape, Gauteng, Free State, KwaZulu-Natal, Limpopo, Mpumalanga, Northwest). Major cities: Pretoria, Johannesburg,… ...
- History of Uruguay (4/25/2022) - According to localcollegeexplorer, the colonial period began in Uruguay in the 16th century. after the penetration of the Spaniards (for the first time in 1515). The war for independence against the colonial rule of the Spaniards was led by H.H.… ...
- About Luxembourg (4/24/2022) - Luxembourg is a small country located in the central part of the European Union. According to recent studies, the standard of living in the country is one of the highest in Europe. The local culture is very unusual. Despite the… ...
- About Nepal (4/22/2022) - The Kingdom of Nepal is one of the most beautiful countries in the world, which is located in the highest mountains of the world - the Himalayas. The beautiful nature of Nepal, impenetrable jungle, stormy cold rivers, snow-capped highlands, green… ...