Resumes open doors and are, in most cases, the sole means by which the employer determines whether an interview is granted. No one spends much time reading a resume-most readers spend no more than 30 seconds. Typically no one spends time reading more than one page, so first impressions are critical. Usually, the person who reads your resume has many other responsibilities in his or her company. Therefore, think of this as your first employment test: preparing a brief summary of your qualifications that sparks the reader’s interest. There is no one “right” resume, but the best resumes clearly present accomplishments in as few words as possible. Your resume must “sell” you at a glance.
Most of the on-campus interviewing opportunities for which you will compete require submission of a resume as the sole representation of your qualifications. Rarely are cover letters requested or desired by recruiters in this process. Therefore, it is important that this document effectively communicate the types of opportunities in which you are interested and your qualifications for them. In addition, employers that come to UT often interview undergraduates as well as MBA students, albeit for different positions. Keep in mind that the positions for which you will compete require more advanced knowledge, skills, and abilities. You must set yourself apart from the generally less-experienced undergraduate business student and your more experienced peers in the MBA Program. Check here for abbreviations related to resume and there for songs and artists about resume.
The information contained in this guide is based on current standards of resume development as found in publications for the executive’s job campaign. It gives you a summary of important items considered by the MBA recruiter in the few seconds he or she devotes to each candidate’s resume.
The tips in this guide are also useful for developing a “scannable” resume. Many large organizations use software to scan resumes and add them to their applicant database. It is important to adhere to formatting guidelines and use appropriate key words for a scannable resume. Typically the keywords for which the computer looks are nouns that describe the important aspects of the job. For example, a financial services firm might search for the words financial analysis, finance, investment, and portfolio management. A special section on sending resumes by email provides the latest industry insight into this very popular method of contacting employers.
- James Cook University (JCU)
- La Trobe University
- Swinburne University of Technology (SUT)
- University of Melbourne
- University of Newcastle (UON)
- University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- University of New South Wales (UNSW)
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- University of New Brunswick (UNB)
- Fudan University (FDU)
- Xian Jiaotong Liverpool University
- Universidad Regiomontana (UR)
- Auckland University of Technology
- Lincoln University (LU)
- University of Auckland (UOA)
- Sonoma State University (SSU)
- College of The Desert
- Rmit International University Vietnam (RIUV)
50 State Facts and History
- Information about India (8/11/2022) - India is one of the oldest civilizations in the world. Until the middle of the III millennium BC. The Dravidian civilization developed in India. In the period from 2500 to 1500 BC. India was conquered by the Indo-Aryan tribes. From… ...
- Pakistan Market Opportunities (8/4/2022) - During the pandemic, the current account of the balance of payments ended in surplus for the first time in five years, largely attributed to record inflows of workers' remittances from abroad (expected to reach $26 billion in 2021) and a… ...
- Armenia Market Opportunities (7/28/2022) - Armenia was hit by a number of significant shocks in 2020 - both the coronavirus pandemic and the armed conflict over the Nagorno-Karabakh region (September-November 2020). Armenia's already struggling economy saw a 7.6% decline as a result. During the first… ...
- India Market Opportunities (7/21/2022) - MFA: Strategic opportunities for foreign exporters India's economy is expected to contract by 7% in the fiscal year 2020-21 (April-March), the worst since tracking began in 1950-51. While the performance of the Indian economy was already losing momentum before the… ...
- What to See in Azores, Portugal (7/14/2022) - Vila do Porto, Santa Maria island (Azores, Portugal) Vila do Porto is the capital of the island of Santa Maria. This is the first settlement in the territory of the Azores. Santa Maria Island is worth a visit just because… ...
- Beach Holidays in Tenerife and Gran Canaria Island (7/7/2022) - Tenerife Island The main resorts of the island of Tenerife are located on its southwestern coast. These are Playa de las Americas, Los Cristianos and Costa Adeje. They stretched for 16 km along the coast. Here you will find excellent… ...
- Suzdal, Russia (6/30/2022) - According to Psyknowhow, Suzdal is located 32 km north of Vladimir. The city is located on the banks of the Kamenka River. The first mention of Suzdal is found in the New City Code under the year 999, and in… ...
- Milan, Italy (6/23/2022) - In the northwestern part of Milan 's Old Town at the Sforzesco Castle interesting museums are also located. The castle itself in ancient times was a large defensive fortress, and later passed into the possession of the Visconti family and… ...
- Jungle Island Amusement Park, Florida (6/16/2022) - Jungle Island amusement park (Miami, USA) — detailed description, address and photo. Reviews of tourists about the best entertainment in Miami. Jungle Island is an island of adventure, entertainment, tropical plants and amazing animals. Here you can swim in the… ...
- West Side, USA (6/9/2022) - West Side (USA) - description, history, location. Exact address, phone number, website. Reviews of tourists, photos and videos. The West Side is a large area in the west of Manhattan Island. On the west side, the West Side is bounded… ...