It takes to a summer holiday still awhile, why so not in the meantime go away and what others see? And because you need not so much luggage on a spontaneous short trip over the weekend, hand luggage is sufficient often completely.
Who travel with hand baggage only, saves the wait at the baggage claim area and check in the hotel, while others sit in the airport shuttle. But on the issue of cabin baggage some is pure generally note – what exactly can and then better heard in the checked baggage? Carry-on baggage is not equal to hand luggage, almost every airline has its own rules with respect to size and weight. So, it is recommended to respect in any case exactly on the conditions of his airline.
That’s why we have compiled a small checklist around the topic of hand luggage for you.
Hand luggage – what should I review checklist?
- The right information is crucial! Find out more directly on the homepage of your airline after the on-board baggage as far as size and weight of the registered baggage. The IATA (international air transport Association) recommends a maximum size 56 x 45 x 25 cm.
- Dangerous and sharp items are taboo in the hand luggage! Among them are also the nail scissors and nail files.
- According to the EU regulation on hand baggage only liquids until 100 ml capacityallowed in hand luggage. A half-full 200 ml bottle is so forbidden, because it’s up to the maximum filling quantity. In turn, these vials must be stowed in a transparent, re-sealable plastic bag with a capacity of less than 1 litre. Our Tip: Take a standard freezer bags with zip closure.
- Animal on the move: Also here applies, each airline has its own rules and animal is not the same animal. The carriage of pets must be registered with the airline, and dogs and cats up to 6 kg and 8 kg may be in a locked box for transport in the cabin. An exception is the blind dog that must in any case with on board.
- Baby on board! Some airlines have baby food, others not, therefore applies: would rather play it safe and bring a drink favorite porridge, with on board there shall be in each case. The same applies to milk powder. In addition, children want to be busy, coloring book, and toys are always helpful.
- Electronic devices such as laptop, MP3 player, eBook reader, mobile phone or your Tablet may with naturally well-protected in the cabin. During the inspection they must be submitted separately.
- Medication in your hand luggage according to sizeablehandbags.com: drugs that are used during the trip are allowed. A medical certificate about the need of taking is advisable in any case, unfortunately is no guarantee for carriage in the cabin baggage. During the inspection, all medications must be submitted separately, so wrap them with the best in the re-sealable, transparent plastic bag.
- A neck pillow, warm socks, a cloth or scarf, as well as their own headphones and earplugs are advisable for more comfort on board.
- If baggage is lost or later comes, it is advisable to have an “emergency kit” in your hand luggage, it can look quite different: A basic set of cosmetics (tooth brush, toothpaste, hand lotion, lip balm, moisturizer, etc.) as well as clean underwear and change things are never wrong.
- No chance for boredom: In the waiting area, in case of delays and on board can be sometimes boring, that’s why a good book, the right music, or a newspaper of gold is worth.
Free Printable Travel Checklist
Items not allowed to carry on plane – Travel information …
Singapore Airlines Baggage Restrictions
Hand Luggage Restricted Items, New Rule for Cell Phones
[Withdrawn] Additional hand luggage restrictions on some …
Packing only carry-on for a trip with kids
Prohibited and Restricted Items Bahrain Customs
Reglementation bagages avion
Athens International Airport
London – LondonGuiden – Alt Om London
Baggage Restriction Information
Prohibition Icons. Items Not Allowed To Carry In Hand …
Things NOT Allowed on Hand Carry Baggage During Flights
History In High Heels: Packing Tips: International Carry …
Fly Deal Fare Blog: Travel With Ease
BA baggage allowance: How much can you take on?