- Express enthusiasm for the work
- Make sure you are very comfortable with the case interview –
practice, practice, practice
- Don’t underestimate the “soft skills” (basic etiquette and
social skills). Some applicants are already “dead” by the time they
get to the case part.
- Act “fun”. Everyone wants to have fun, hard-working people on
- Before you go in, read the Wall Street Journal archives and the
firm’s Web site for recent news, alliances, mergers, divestitures,
- “Firm knowledge is overrated. You need to know the basics, but
an exhaustive knowledge of the firm along won’t get you the job. You
have to have the skill and analytic fundamentals the firm is looking
- Demonstrate leadership abilities and experience
What It Takes
- Communication and interpersonal skills are integral to success
in this business. The team-client relationship is very important.
You must be able to communicate complex concepts effectively
one-on-one, in front of larger audiences, and in written documents.
Consulting is based on selling ideas and concepts so you must be
persuasive and aggressive when necessary. You will work closely with
your team so you need to be able to get along with a variety of
- Be analytical and possess strong deductive- and
- Remain calm and focused under tight deadlines and manage their
Non-Resume Resources on the Web:
Bestaah.com: for pregnant women who need to know how to dress
for an interview >>.
How to Write a Resume for Teaching Posts
How to Write a Scientific Curriculum Vitae
How to Write a Resume for a Class
How to Write a Supporting Statement in a CV
How to write a CV for an Externship
Teaching Objectives for Resumes
How to Build a Resume for Your College Application
What is a cover letter for a resume?
Objectives for Resumes for Scholarships
How to Improve Your Curriculum Vitae